Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Letting Go of Control


Letting go of control is the beauty of life’s dance. It allows you to flow freely with what is and accepting of what is to come. It’s those moments where you’re not worried what the next sentence will be, because you are falling in love with the one you’ve just written.

A lot of us have grown accustomed to believing that if we don’t have control on our lives, all will go to hell and we would go bat shit crazy. We have decided to reside in a space confined within the chambers of our own fear; and deny any fret from our fleeting hearts. Sometimes, we may not even realize we’re doing this. It seems so natural. “I woke up 20 minutes late, now I don’t have time to get ready!!”, “So and so canceled, NOW what am I going to do??”, “My cars not starting, how am I going to get to work?!”

LET GO.

Let go of all those little voices in your head telling you that whatever you’re facing is bigger than your own will.
Let go of all those times something didn’t work out the way you wanted, and allow yourself to see what has come from it.
Let go of the boxes you order your life within, and allow your soul to be free of the baggage, free of the burdens of an unknown tomorrow.

LET GO.

Now letting go should not be confused with giving up or pushing away, which all come from intents from our wounded ego; letting go comes from liberating our soul. I am not saying that by letting go, your life will be “perfect” and you will never be late or never have a quick change of plans. But I am saying that those experiences won’t affect you as they may now. You will not be attached to any particular outcome; and therefore not one can trigger you. You may not always know what’s coming next, and that can be scary at times. But once you let go of the need for things to happen a certain way, you allow new and exciting things to lighten your days.  

The world at large is going through many changes, and just as many are going on individually. And it can seem like you are walking through life with a blindfold at times, unaware of what’s coming next or what steps you need to make to get to the “next.”  But I promise you that it does not matter what is to come, for what is to come doesn’t even exist. What does is right now. And when your right now is an open flow of possibilities, that’s how many will enter.
So let go and let be… and watch your life unfold in a beautiful symphony.



                                                                                                                     ~TJ



PS. FOUR NEW POEMS POSTED!!! Read them here at Poetry for the Soul
And I wanted to say thank you, to my Australian mates for showing my poetry so much love. My poems receive more traffic in Australia than in the country I reside, USA; and I think that is extremely awesome!!










Photos by my dear friend, Taylor Overton Photography
IG: @tayloroverton

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete