Monday, April 28, 2014

I am Brand New Today


                All of the experiences we have change us in some way. It changes not only our perception on the situation but sends out ripples to other long held beliefs and ideals as well. It transforms us. We are forever changed. But what does it mean to change?

                Some may look at change as becoming more of yourself or become someone else. I think seeing change as “becoming” something can alter your ability to see what you already are. It can make you have the perception that something in you is missing-therefore you have to change to become something other than what you are. There’s a sense of incompleteness in that belief system.

                This also goes for seeing other people as if they have changed into someone whom which they are not. Who are we to know who someone really is and think they should act accordingly? Thinking this way not only limits your own potential, but limits others as well.  Allow yourself and everyone around you to transform.

                I feel I change every day. My mind is constantly exploring different ideas and shattering old ones. I’m faced with a challenging scenario and I can either choose to look at it in a way I would have before or I can look at it at a different view and see where that leads me. A., I can realize that new found perception gives me greater clarity into the one previous, or B., it can totally transform my outlook on something. Those odds sound pretty good to me.

                So that’s what I do. Every thought, every emotion, every experience; I live through it and experience with the openness and acceptance of change. And my life forever becomes this infinite movie full of magic and mystery because I am open to that. I am a seeker of knowledge in the sense that the only teacher I have is myself.  Allow yourself to explore other thoughts, places, or scenarios. What’s the worst that can happen? You can either decide no you don’t like that or yes you do. This is how we evolve as human beings and as ourselves. You have a realization or awareness about something and in turn realize something more about yourself.

                I view change as uncovering layers, uncovering layers of myself to discover new ones. My life feels lighter, open.  I love who I am every day because I am so many different things. I wake up every day and choose to love who I am today. Whether I wake up not really feeling it, or wake up in the best mood with the best attitude- it doesn’t matter. I love the person I am today. And my everyday life continues to be a truly new one.

I can’t tell you who I’ll be tomorrow.
But I can tell you who I am today.


                                                                                                ~TJ





Photos by my good friend and magical photographer Taylor Overton. I love the pure essences of beauty she captures in her photos. She is truly amazing to work with! View her work here: toverton.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment