Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Dreams

                

                How many of us have had dreams and goals we've either had since we were younger or just randomly think to ourselves, “Wow I wish I could ___”? And also, how many times have you immediately after stating your desires, start thinking of all the reasons why it won’t be possible either at the moment or ever? Personally, I used to do that to myself all the time. I had all of these dreams and aspirations that never looked possible and clear to me. Instead of looking straight at them, I looked left and right at all the things I “had to do” before reaching them. Then one day I had a sudden burst of insight.

                I realized that all those detours I saw as stepping stones to reach my truest desires were just pushing my dreams further and further away. We can forever “prepare” for our dreams. We can forever tell ourselves, okay I have to do this for so many years before this can happen or I have to stay here for this many years until I have the means to live there or do this. And that to us seems like the logical and realistic way to approach our dreams. Well let’s look at it from a different perspective.

                If you look at your dreams as if they are futuristic and not something of the present, how do you expect them to come true in the present? In order to bring an idea or dream into tangible form in your external reality start thinking of them as if they are already there, right in front of your face. Taste them, feel how close they are, feel your excitement inside of them coming true. We need to stop putting off our dreams for another day and realize they are ours at any moment.

                I think in everyone’s life there comes a point where you have to get serious with yourself and your dreams. The universe does not work in ways of “time” and “steps” it works in the now at all moments. Therefore, the second you bring your dreams into the present and realize they can come true at any moment- they will. Miracles do not happen to only a selective few “special” people every now and then, they happen every second, to those who believe they can. We are already filled with an infinite amount of abundance; all you have to do is tap into it.

                  So dream on friends, dream on!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 ~TJ



    Photos by the talented, www.ozwzrd.com







6 comments:

  1. Very inspiring! I really need to live in the present and not in the past or future.. Thanks! Love Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We all do sometimes :) xoxo tay

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. I get stuck in the daily to-do list so many times, and tend to get overwhelmed. I need to live in the moment and realize each small thing that is accomplished will one day lead to a big thing!
    -Megan
    www.megansmart.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! Yes we all do sometimes, having awareness about it like you do, is the first step in working through it. Dream on!;) xoxo tay

      Delete
  3. I have nominated you for a Liebster award, you can find the details here->http://tonishaw91.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete